Visualize every cell
- The specially designed ClearView membrane enables you to monitor every cell throughout your experiment in real time – gain deep phenotypic insight into cell movement and morphology
Monitor every cell in your experiment. The ClearView membrane enables label-free visualization and quantitation of chemotaxis using IncuCyte® system. Each membrane contains 96 precision engineered holes in a regular grid array. Three pores are highlighted in yellow.
Low cell usage ideal for rare, expensive and primary cell populations
- Use 10- to 100-fold fewer cells than standard transmembrane (e.g. Boyden Chamber) approaches
Lower cell usage. Cell usage comparison for the ClearView Plate and Corning® Transwell® system. Jurkat T cell chemotaxis toward SDFα-1 was measured in both systems (2,000 to 20,000 cells/well); however, no signal was observed with the Transwell® plate. A minimum of 150,000 cells/well was required to observe chemotactic migration using the Corning® Transwell® system.
Biologically relevant surface-mediated migration
- Cells must migrate across a biologically relevant surface towards the chemoattractant due to the low pore density of the specially designed ClearView membrane (pore density <2% that of Boyden chamber transwells)
- The ClearView plate has been validated with a wide range of biomatrix coatings, cell types and chemoattractants
Cells must interact with substrate to reach a pore. Time-lapse images of a Jurkat T cell (outlined in white) migrating across a Matrigel® coating towards a pore leading to the chemoattractant SDF-1α (orange circle). White arrows indicate the direction of Jurkat movement in each frame. In the final image the Jurkat T cell has entered the pore and moved to the lower chamber.
Stable and sustained gradients
- Chemotactic gradients are stable and maintained over 72 hours
Long-term stable gradients compared to traditional Boyden chamber transwells. (A) Gradient stability was monitored over 72 hours using an Alexa Fluor® 594 dextran (10 kDa). After 4 hours a rapid loss in gradient was measured in the Corning® Transwell® system. In contrast, >80% of the gradient was maintained in the IncuCyte® ClearView plate at 72 hours. (B) FBS gradients pre-establised in a ClearView plate for 24, 48, and 72 hours induced equivalent rates of directional migration in HT1080 cells indicating long-term and stable gradients across the ClearView membrane. Rates were slightly faster than for cells migrating towards gradients that had not been pre-established. This is likely a result of increased cell health when serum starved cells are plated in established gradients.
Compatible with standard automation and liquid dispensing devices
- 96-well format suitable for screening workflows
- Compliant with SBS microtiter plate requirements